Alabama Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (ALAMCD)
The purpose of the Association shall be as follows:
- To promote a greater understanding of multiculturalism among members of the counseling, human services, and guidance profession.
- To improve the standards of counseling and guidance given to multicultural groups.
- To identify and work to eliminate conditions which create barriers to the individual development of multicultural groups.
- To develop, implement and/or foster interest in charitable scientific and educational programs designed to further the interests of multicultural groups.
- To secure equality of treatment, advancement, qualifications and status of multicultural individuals in personnel and guidance work.
- To publish a newsletter and other scientific, educational, and professional materials with the purpose of raising the standards of all who work in guidance and counseling.
- To facilitate a broader awareness of multicultural counseling among the helping professions.